Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Crèpes Salées

The first experience of seeing one's friends after many long months without them, in a normal case, might be a hug and possibly a kiss, maybe a handshake... But when you're friends are Jared... A HURRICANE OF LOVE WILL BEFALL YOU.

I swear... if you've never literally been swept off of your feet...

And that was how Paris and my trip with Tim began. I covered Jared's eyes by means of sneaking up on him and suddenly I was being picked up and carried to "FIND YOUR BOYFRIEND, WHERE IS HE? GET OUT OF THE WAY! NO!" It was great, he's so helpful.

Now we're in Lille, cleaning out the room and taking a last look at the city. Already we've had a hitch in our train plans that meant we have to (as if it's a challenge) stay an extra day in Paris before heading to Barcelona on the night train next friday.

The pile of belongings on my floor, waiting to be packed into our backpacks, doesn't look particularly daunting or particularly skimpy... In fact, it looks just right-- but then, we haven't tried to get it into the back packs yet and we have yet to find out if five pairs of socks is enough.

This is the last access to free internet I'll have for a while, but I'll try like crazy to update this whenever I can, just so you know that we're still alive and kicking.

This is Captain Madness, over and out.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:25 PM

    I can only imagine Jare doing this! I wish I were in Europe and not working in the business office. Have a good trip! -David

    ReplyDelete
  2. I heart you David... it won't be long before I get to see you again! Yay! (you still should have come to see me over the break!)

    ReplyDelete