Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Friggen Idiots

So, the news of the day:

A) Carrie and I are trying to break a world record for most hours slept in one day, which is difficult because there are only 24 hours in a day, meaning that in order to break the record one must establish a day in which there are more than 24 hours. So, I think we're going to break the record for most hours spent sleeping in one week. We're well on our way. Also, I've noticed that sleeping for more than 20 hours a day has the interesting affect of making your waking life seem like a dream, and your dreams (wherein you wade around in a plastic pool in your grandmother's backyard, trying to save a blind man's seeing-eye-cat from your own cat) seem oddly real.

B) Finally something good in the school department. I got an A (ie a 14) on the paper for which I sacrificed a number of hours in DC. YES!! I'm glad that it payed off because I easily could have spent those hours seeing movies, going for walks, and generally enjoying Tim's company. But I now know more about Lady Jane Gray than anyone on earth could ever want to know.

Here's something about the French school-system. This week has been the week of Rattrapage. Which essentially means the week of "recovering" missed work or classes. Which, essentially means a week of doing sheer nothing. I've complained about dead week before because teachers assign things and we still have to go to classes, but I will never again complain: this week is the ultimate dead week (I think I've forgotten anything I may have learned).

The plus to having free time is that Virginia Wolff's Orlando is blowing my mind as Virginia is wont to do. I love her.

No comments:

Post a Comment