Friday, June 03, 2005

People Aren't Wearing Enough Hats

If only one thing goes wrong in every city, we're gravy and this is going to be the greatest trip ever taken by mere human beings. So far we've had one train problem and one hostel problem, so this is good so far.

Tim and I take the night train for Paris to Toulouse tonight and then go on to Barcelona from there. Actually, the train problem allowed Tim and I to stay in Paris an extra day, giving us a chance to spend 4 hours in the Musée D'Orsay, weeping over brushstrokes yesterday. Then today was passed in the Halls of Versailles. Even blind people are offended by that much gold.

The things that get forgotten, unfortunately, are sometimes the neatest though. Like how I probably won't remember going to Sacre Coeur in Montmartre because I didn't get to go in. Apparently, Jesus doesn't like tank tops. Lies.

I will, however, remember the way we devoured an entire roasted chicken on the steps of a church and how I've missed about three trains so far because the french take vacations and call them "strikes."

Tim keeps saying "Let's cancel everything and just stay in Paris for a month." I have a feeling this sentiment will be felt in every city we go to, making leaving Europe a near impossibility. Fortunately the excitement of visiting a new city/country outweighs the pain of leaving somewhere like Paris behind.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous2:58 PM

    Aw, that's such crap. Jesus loves tank tops. I know, I've asked. In fact- he likes it better when you're naked. Next time, you should walk up naked and be all like, "Hey, this is the way your stupid God made me... eat me!" ...or something like that. ^_^

    ReplyDelete