Monday, May 09, 2005

On the Wrong Side of the Tracks


my brain is here right now Posted by Hello
Today's observation: you how you can tell, for the most part, what a person's general attitude/"character" is going to be like just by looking at their clothes? Even if you can't make assumptions about their actual personality you can make some general assumptions about them?
Well, I haven't put my finger on the french dress=personality types yet. Thus far most people look like the ultimate case of schitsophrenia. But I'll be damned ifI don't see some of the most awesmome clothes I've ever seen.
Today: I write a paper in french about how the Abstract Movement freed artists from the "world of representation" in the beginning of the 20th century.
Phrase du jour: "La peinture abstrait est celle qui ne représente pas les apparences visibles du monde extérieur, et qui n'est déterminée, ni dans ses fins, ni dans ses moyens, ni dans son esprit, par cette representation." -Léon Degand
(The abstract painter is he who does not represent the visible appearances of the outside world, and who is determined neither in his ends, his means, nor in his mind, by this representation.)

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:47 AM

    Wow, what a horrid picture of me...
    But that's where my brain is too.
    love and smoochies,
    me

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:48 PM

    That puppy kind of looks like Ms. Fly but does not look at all like Mr. Jenkins. I just thought you should know.

    ReplyDelete