Sunday, May 29, 2005

Last Dance for Mary Jane

I'm not sure whether or not I believe that this is my last night in Lille. Packing for this next trip has been so incredibly complicated that there's no way to adjust to the idea that after tomorrow morning, realistically, I'll never see any of my friends here again. I think Alexis put it best when he said "so, you and I probably won't ever talk again but... I'll think about you." I concur.

For some reason the friendships made in the past few days seem to have been moulded in bronze, or some sich material, fired by the realization that we just finished this, and we finished it all together. It's more than a bit of shock.

It feels like someone should throw a party for us but instead, everyone's just disappearing one by one, as if the tide is pulling them out to sea, sitting on a suitcase.

This is why they say it's hard to go back Home, because there's no way to explain this to someone who's never done it. And there's a 98% chance that if they haven't done it, they won't care what you've discovered anyway.

now, if I could somehow fit every single possession that I've had with me into that one tiny suitcase and that little dufflebag... maybe I could move on.

Maybe not.

No comments:

Post a Comment