Tuesday, April 05, 2005

I'mcaughtinatrapandIcan'tbackout becauseIloveyoutoomuchbaby

Ah, the wide and mighty internet- thwarting my efforts left and right. I wrote a tasty post yesterday but it was lost into the black abyss of the matrix or wherever the serveur introuvable goes.

What I mean to say is that I have Elvis stuck in my head. His songs, not actually Elvis.

As the Greatful Dead say: What a long strange trip it's been. Alot of things have happened since I last posted, both here and at home, so it's hard to keep the story short but I'll try.

Tim went home for the weekend to hang out with the choir, meaning that I got to talk to Meredith, Amber, Mat and Jared as well as Tim at seven a.m. Mat said something very poignant about love. Jared is making sure I registered for classes. It was nice.

The only unfortunate thing is that there was a death on Centenary's campus-- the campus is too small for it not to make waves. Hopefully everyone will be okay.



Saturday was a grand day though- Carrie and I went to Wissant, a town south of Calais, with Charlotte (who studied at Centenary last fall) and her exceptionally french fiancé, Pierre. They were more than a blessing to us as we got to ride (read: sleep) in car, walk on the beach, and have a picnic. Seeing France can be expensive and confusing and without them we never would have known about cap-gris and cap-blanc on the côte d'opale. My pictures don't do it justice at all.

Both Gisel and Li, our representative to China, left this weekend and it feels completely strange without them. Imagine you're having a party and then Chris Parham just leaves in the middle of it, except he's gone to China. Forever. How are you supposed to feel for the rest of the party? It's that wierd. On the bright side Li wrote Carrie and I each a beautiful letter in Chinese (plus translation) and it's definately the coolest thing in my journal. Gisel is no longer around to use my toothbrush and run away in mid-sentence.... we miss her.

Last night, OH LAST NIGHT! Carrie and I made Gumbo for all the non-louisianians and we nearly conquered the world. Carrie started making the roux at about seven- we didn't eat until 11:30. We fed about nine people and Carrie and I will be eating the rest tonight- oh yes. There's nothing like good cajun food to make you miss home a little less, unless of course it's also getting a piece of pecan pie and a daiquiri. This sounds like a relatively small event but it may be the coolest thing we've done in our residence hall since we've been here.

Oh yeah, and if you look at the last pictures in the folder... those signs are because we no longer have washers in the building at all, because the satanic cleaning lady (who still hasn't cleaned our floor, though she's contractually obliged) has decided that washing machines and breakfast are no longer part of her responsibilities, which they are, contractually. Carrie saw her bringing in a new shipment of nutella and confiture (jam) and yet she still refuses to put them out at breakfast. She's an anti-service facist, I think. My solution to this problem is to pass the next two weeks sunbathing in DC with Tim. Once again, I will be hauling my laundry across the ocean.

Phrase du Jour, pour Kacie: Tout Change

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous2:39 PM

    a party where Parham leaves in the middle to go to China? That sounds suspiciously similar to a dream I had the other day, except Parham and I were running in "The Amazing Race" together and we were both in China. We were also winning.

    ReplyDelete