Tuesday, April 12, 2005

I wasn't prepaired for this...

When the morning came
the bees flew down and wrapped themselves around me
and that's when I spoke the word
to have them trace your face for me in pollen
but I wasn't prepaired for this... oh...
-Eisley

Somedays are just good days for a pretty song.

I've been reading the New York Times like it's a drug. It may actually be a drug. It doesn't take long to realize that while you're out learning about the world a whole lot of the world changes without you ever knowing about it. Today alone I learned about selective mutism, man-dating, the re-naming or Rome's Statzioni Termini after the Pope, and the death of Andrea Dworkin (who fought nobly for women's rights but unfortunately said some very ignorant, arrogant and rediculous things in her life, don't even get me started) and numerous other bits of fluff that make life interesting.

Oh- did I mention that watching the wedding of Prince Charles and Camilla while sitting in Heathrow airport surrounded by wonderfully irreverent british people was one of those hillarious life experiences I wouldn't trade anything for? I didn't even know they were getting married that day. I think the man behind me said it best: "What's that on her head? Blimey," (shakes his head and moves on).

I think I'm going to go buy Tim some chips and queso to surprise him when he gets back from his internship. That is if I don't eat it.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous4:13 PM

    They havent shown any of the royal wedding here in the States. Weird.

    fatty.

    -kacie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:22 AM

    What freakin channels are you watching, Kacie??? Jason and I watched the royal wedding Saturday morning and I made fun of all the hideous headgear.

    ReplyDelete