Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Neighborhood Man

I re-learned something about Centenary yesterday. If you have a conversation with someone who is even remotely within your social sphere, whether or not you speak to them often or know them personally, it is not necessary to explain your life situation in any way before launching into any conversation featuring gossip.

Was that sentence long and complex? Let me put it another way: I never talk to Olivia and yet she knows who I'm dating, what organizations I'm involved in, who my close friends are, etc, etc... so well in fact that we were able to have a conversation (about the rumor in January that Tim and I had broken up [???]) without me ever telling her a tiny thing about my life. I have a feeling this only happens at places like Centenary- where we openly admit to thriving on gossip (ps: send me more).

So just because it's Centenary and you already know this through Magical Centenary Gossip Osmosis(tm), no matter if you're frolicking in the ozarks, discussing movie-rental trends in the ATL, smelling the plants that surround Lake Charles, or writing a dissertation on China/North Korea relations (loser), I am the new editer of the much esteemed Centenary Conglomerate.

Wheeeee!!! This foreign keyboard which inhibits my already-lacking AIM typing skills can't hold me back!!

As a matter of celebration I will eat Easter Dinner at Gisel's place with the girls hope the book I have to read by Thursday has arrived from Amazon.co.uk. Both of which I was going to do anyway, but which I will now do champagne-bottle in hand. Huzzah!

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:19 PM

    Hey dude, I totally voted for you. You have to come eat dinner in my awesome HALL DIRECTOR APARTMENT sometime next year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4:19 AM

    I'm actually writing a paper on how to China will likely affect North Korea's development of its nuclear program in the context of long term US-China relations, thank you very much.

    ReplyDelete