Friday, March 18, 2005

The Green

WARNING: I LËARNËD HÖW TÖ ÜSË THË ÜMLÄÜT.

No, That's not what I was göing to say.

WARNING: THE PICTURES FEATURED IN THE LINK AT THE BOTTOM ARE EXTREMELY CHILDISH.

Honestly, what more can you expect from a bunch of Americans surrounded by people who don't celebrate St. Patrick's day (why would they? Unlike us they know they're not Irish).

For years I celebrated the torment of being the kid who forgot to wear green on St. Patrick's day. This meant I was the nërd who had to bum a shamrock sticker off of someone or risk being bruised by people who like the pinching. Enough with the pinching.

Then I got a tattoo and had the awesome ability to say: "YES, I'm wearing green, I'm always wearing green." This didn't come to much though because such self defense statements come, by nature, after someone has already left a bruise. AND I still don't remember that I have the tattoo until after I've already been wearing that stupid shamrock sticker all day.

Due to the fact that Europe doesn't celebrate the day (where is all that cornbeef and cabbage?), there was a disticnt lack of stickers and I was therefor nominated TATTÖO QUEEN. Not because of my body art but because of my wicked skills. I used up one of my nice markers giving people tattoos of shamrocks, celtic crosses, greek letters, yin-yangs and other dinstinctly non-irish things. Or maybe the marker got used up when people decided to start writing on me.

You know you've had a good day when the shower water is green the next day.

Anyway... The point is that we must have looked a fool. A pocket of 20 Americans, all dressed in Green, drinking green beer, drawing on eachother and taking pictures of everyone doing the single most decidedly retarded thing we could imagine: taking pictures of everyone licking each other. I apologize ahead of time, you teacher/parent/ types. I suggest instead clicking here.

Or, for the brave and not easily disgusted about the folly of youth: cliquez ici. For Josh's pictures (which may or may not be of me) cliquez ici.

'Tis a crazy time. Everyone's slightly flipped out about the fact that teachers are just now telling us that we have huge tests next week. Nö one can believe that there are only five more weeks of class. Every ultimately insufficient weekend is filling up with some extraordinary trip to somewhere. The sun is blazing. I'm (uncharacteristicly) working on a jigsaw puzzle on my floor instead of writing a paper about the death of Lädy Jane Grey. And Kacie may or may not have found us a house for our senior year (gasp!).

Irish eyes are smiling.

No comments:

Post a Comment