Wednesday, March 09, 2005

I say "jump," you say "how high?"

As former Senior Class Treasurer, I have a herculean task ahead of me. Sometime in the next six years I will be forced to hunt down every one of the 73 (Schwoooo!) members of my graduating class for our ten-year reunion... it's a very good thing that I'm thinking about this now (loser) because the gossip cloud into which I entered today tells me that they're spreading like little (married) pieces of dust, into the wind.

I have missed work SO much. Having a job, keeping a job, showing up for a job, ignoring a job, getting paid for all that... it's a privelege I don't have in the France. So today I got out of bed (gasp!) at 6:30 am and went to work stuffing inserts at the local paper. My hands are bruised and dry, my arms are covered with inky papercuts, my abs on the right side hurt and I'm 70$ and one key-lime pie richer.

But the greatest part of it is the MASSIVE amount of gossip I heard. About my old high school teachers (who still rock the district, I'm told), about my classmates (stop getting hitched, I say!), about everyone who lives within forty miles. Small communities are possibly the coolest thing ever invented.

Oh, and my poor cousin Amanda is putting on the same crappy eighth-grade musical that I had to put on in eight grade. It's called Ducktails and Bobbysocks, ever heard of it? That's right, that's because it's a piece of crap. But I suppose it's a rite of passage, dressing up like a bobbysoxer, singing badly infront of your parents on a stage made from the lunch-room tables.... And the slave sale is coming up, so here's to all the 8th graders who get to eat sloppy-joes at Joe Cockers house.

Today's phrases come from my venerable elders:

"Excuses are like @ssh*les, everybody has one" -Grandpa Dave

and slightly more appropriately:

"If wishes were horses, we'd all take a ride" -GreatGrandma Alma

Congrats to Meggie, Ben, Tana, Dugan, Jared, Mandy, Chad (not that one), Trina, etc, etc, etc and so on and so forth until as long as you both shall live...

No comments:

Post a Comment