Monday, February 28, 2005

You're darn-tootin' I like fig-newtons

On the first sunny day of the year you plan a picnic, thinking that the next day will be a sunny one as well. On the second day, the sun hides behind a grey sky and the wind bites at every exposed place on your body and what do you do? You go on a damn picnic anyway because it's what you have to do. Did you buy all that bread and Champagne for nothing? NO.

Cody, Carrie and I walked the full distance to the citadelle and then wandered around in the cold for an hour to find a bench for our picnic. I've never made a sandwich with gloves on, I hope to never do it again, but I'll be damned if that wasn't a tasty sandwich for what it was worth.

On the bright side, we found the Lilloise zoo along the way. It's free to get in and they have a nocternal house with bats, snakes, and tiny, tiny, tiny monkeys. Tiny, tiny monkeys.

Saturday night we went to a rouge party where everyone in red supposedly got a present. For some, the present was a book of matches or some such bar accoutrement. For Carrie and I it was having beer spilled on us to the sound of 80's music. But the snow outside was really, really pretty. That was something.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous2:47 PM

    Tiny monkeys, eh? I must have one. Bring one back for me please, love kristin.

    ReplyDelete