Tuesday, February 01, 2005

l'amour et l'argent

It took fifteen minutes to move Carrie into my room. It's taken me a month to move myself in. Discuss.

After spending three weeks at near-arctic tempertures I punched my radiator a few times and now it kicks out the heat of an atomic blast. The fact that the photographs in my room are melting should indicate something, but even though I've since turned the heater off and opened the window it's like one of those Finnish saunas will all the fat, naked men, only it's just me. In my undercrackers. Listening to the Beatles.

I have experienced not a single interesting thing in the past 24 hours.

Phrase du Jour: En tragedie, le roi ne peut pas partir pour un autre monde. (In tragedy, the king cannot leave for another world.) USE IT TODAY!

2 comments:

  1. Ah, those boring days where NOTHING happens. Maybe you don't even get anything in the mail. Maybe there's nothing new on TV. Might as well go back to bed.

    AMG
    http://anonymousmidwestgirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:39 PM

    Wanna trade places? I would be happy to be there right now! I know sometimes it's hard, but you have to try to enjoy yourself. You are in FRANCE! Don't come back with regrets! I know you may not have money, but go shopping at Euralille or on the rue de bethune (if you don't know where that is you can email me). One day when I was bored and no one was there to do anything with, I went to the little zoo in the Jardin Vauban (go all the way down boulevard vauban until you get to a park, then turn left and it's on the other side of the little canal thing. Be careful, though...I got attacked by the white peacock! Say hi to Carrie. Y'all (miss that?) email me if you need anything, and don't forget: Profitez-en bien! Vous etes en France!!!!!!!!! Gros bisous!

    Helen-Frances
    P.S. Who are your professors other than Mme Bray?

    ReplyDelete