Friday, February 25, 2005

A Full-Color Play in One Act

The following is a reenaction of the events of 5:11 this morning.

Me: Laying in bed, probably snoring, definately dreaming about sealions.

[The cellphone rings, electronic chopin]

Tim: Hi Babe, are you awake?

Me: (I am clearly not awake) Mmmmumble mummmblle yes mmmmumble

Tim: (Barely concealing his boyish joy beneith a façade of self-pride in some grand, unknown achievement) Someone has a surprise for you, answer your phone in a second okay?

Me: Mumble. (Phone in hand, I return to sleep.)

My Inner Monologue: Clearly, the surprise is Kacie. Or else I've been selected to go on Jeopardy.

[I sleep for ten minutes, thinking about Jeopardy, except that Jared is the host and I'm playing against Sean Connery and Ben Stiller, there is no competition; cellphone rings]

Me: Hullo?

The Noise on the Other End: Noise.

Me: Hullo?

Kacie: Hi!!! What are you doing!?!

Me: Oh my word in heaven! (paraphrase) HI! It's five am. I'm sleeping like mad.

Kacie: That's too bad. You're awake now. I'm sorry I'm a bad friend and this is the first time I've called you since you've been in France but I'm busy not sending you mix CD's. Someone has something to say to you...

Sweet Refrain: Of all the girls that I have known, the dearest one to me, is the girl who wears above her heart the badge of TKE
No other girl could be so fair, so loyal and so true,
I pledge her my heart that I never shall part from my sweetheart in TKE
No other girl could be so fair, so loyal and so true,
I pledge her my heart that I never shall part from my sweetheart in TKE

ME: (Explatives deleted)

All players take a bow (ie: awesomely run around in the woods).

Fin
----------------------------------------------------------------
If there was ever a brilliant way to wake up in the morning, finding out you're the TKE sweetheart, even though you're in France and haven't seen any of their lovely faces in more than two months, is definately the most brilliant of them all. You guys absolutely rule and I wish I had been there to run around in the woods with you. Thank you.

Everyone donate to Alzheimer's Research.

Beat that, France.

On another note: I purchased a ticket yesterday to fly to Washington and see Tim in April. I'll be there for two weeks and if you want to come make out with us you can. Bring your museum hat.

What does this signify anyway (not the museum hat comment, the fact that I'm leaving Europe to go to D.C.)? How in the world can it be cheaper for me to fly to America than to stay in Europe? Regardless, it was either spend two weeks fighting other people's opposing iteneraries just to have to pay to see everything again in June, or see the Smithsonian museums (and Tim) (and Eftim, woot woot) for free.

Also, there are finally pictures of Rome and though many of them are the same I'm also including the link to Erin's pictures because there are more pictures of me and less pictures of grass and buildings. I read somewhere that the greatest photographers never take a picture without a human in it. This is most likely bullocks except in the case of the "vacation photographer," where managing not to take 90 pictures of a cottage definately separates the men from the boys.

Come to find out that I truly did miss getting to see the Pope wave out of his window by mere hours.

Essentially, getting to hear my friends' voices last night, for the first time in so long, was enough to get me high for weeks. And I love that the chapter now has an international calling card. We're opening doors, people. To those with whom I didn't get to speak, I wish I could have. To those who were cut off by horrid french satelites and their evil powers of devistation, I got the point at least.

Note on the text: Despite her beratement of herself, Kacie is not actually a bad friend. Instead, she a spritely and rather Sapho-like joy of a human being. Even if she still hasn't sent me a mix CD.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:27 AM

    I thought Kacie was the cutest person alive last year when she found out she was the sweetheart. I am mistaken. You, my friend, were the cutest person alive despite your sleepiness. Sleepy Roxie is precious. Almost as precious as my jenkins. Love, Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:40 AM

    Three things:
    (1) I agree with Kristin because despite my awe-inspiring cuteness, nothing beats an international orgasm of appreciation.
    (2)I forgot to mention that we weren't actually in the woods or anywhere too romantic. We were actually at the Justins' due to the shiiiiiiitty weather this week. This also meant all the guys drank this year too since we were so close to school (and everyone knows drunk driving accidents can not occur within 100 yards of the school...I think we pay for this service in our student fees.)
    (3) MY CD BURNER IS STILL BROKEN! I'm SORRY! Deal, and I sweartochrist I'll send you some stuff ASAP. for real.
    xoxo, Kacie

    ReplyDelete