Monday, February 28, 2005

VOUS ETES EN FRANCE, MADAME!!!!

So, about two months ago when Carrie and I got here we layed eyes on the dungeon-like place that is our "laundry room" and thought, could this be any worse?

Two weeks later we went to do laundry and found that the cycle can last for up to fourteen hours, the washers leak, and a vortex is created inside the washers that rivals anything Steven Hawkings could comprehend. And we thought, could this be any worse?

Two weeks ago (after discovering that we've been using softener, and not, in fact, detergent) I went to take my laundry from the washer and the door locked and would not let me have my laundry as it commenced spinning for 20 more minutes. When the washer is engaged, you cannot open the door. Even if your clothes have been done for a half of an hour. Four people were in line for the drier. And we thought, can it get any worse?

Today, I got downstairs to find that both the second washer and the drier read "hors service," leaving one washer (the leaky one) for 150 people. I can handle this, I think, I'm the only person signed up right now and I'll just hang my clothes up to dry in my room. An hour later I return to find that the vortex has been spinning, oh yes, for an hour, but there is NO WATER in the machine. Meaning that in the place where my jeans have been pressed against the glass, the friction has burned a hole in my brand new french jeans.

Where there was a crotch, there is now a pile of burnt lint.

Yes, apparently it can get worse. Much worse.

Welcome to France.

No comments:

Post a Comment