Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Snow Bubble

Now, before you make fun of me for being from Colorado and being "used to it" let me kindly remind you that I've been living in Louisiana for five years now AND that I moved there precisely because I wanted to get away from snow.

Well, in my first Louisiana winter I learned that I'm an idiot, because 32 degrees and snowing is a whole different miserable bunny slope than 32 degrees and raining. Not to mention that a 104 degree summer in Colorado is a glorious summer compared with a 104 degree summer in Louisiana where it's so oppressive it should be illegal.

All of that to get to this: I just had my first walk home from work in the snow. It. Is. Snowing. With a capital "S." After five years of not really seeing snow (even at Christmas in Colorado, it was really too dry to actively snow), today I saw tiny snow, haily snow, puffy snow, lazy snow, blowy snow and wet snow ALL IN ONE DAY. This place is crazy.

And apparently, so am I. I HAVE NO WINTER APPROPRIATE SHOES. Not one pair. And especially not a pair that are winter AND work appropriate. I went to the stupid shoe store after work and forgot that I live in a city now where everything costs $100 more than I can afford--and so, I will be wearing my Airwalks to work tomorrow. If I lose a toe to frostbite, I'm sending the bill to Wachovia, for making me repay my loans so damn early.

And that's that.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:04 PM

    I realize you would actually have to carry them, which is a pain when you are walking or riding the Metro, but you could get some snow boots and carry your good shoes with you. It's not snowing here yet, but it's overcast and humid. The forecast is actually calling for rain (in December?)for the next three days though. So who knows.
    Schmoozies,
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  2. "...got no time for bad news in my new shoes- I got some new shoes- to walk away from my blues..."

    Suhweeet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's been 72 degrees in Austin for the past two weeks and counting. Does this information happen to entice a visit? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmm, wanna know what the best winter shoes of all time are? water proof and warm and comfy? ...those would be the Renaissance boots of doom. Yep. Best shoes ever for snow.
    You should buy some now that you have an excuse. Bwa ha ha ha.

    ReplyDelete