Sunday, December 09, 2007

Dance Hall Days Love...

Woke up with a Wang Chung song in my head. That's a good sign.

Tim and I couldn't afford/didn't have room for a Christmas tree this year so we decorated all of my plants with ornaments and lights, creating a festive "Holiday Nook." It's very cheery and bohemian. We also bought Christmas stockings--mine is green velvet with an embroidered cardinal and Tim's is fuzzy like one of those Santa hats--it feels very much like playing house. Even though, you know, we've lived together for two years now...

There aren't any presents under the tree yet because I'm waiting to wrap them until he's in class. Also, I pretty much plan to make a huge mess and wrap a million presents at once, which is one of my favorite things to do on earth.

Tim's been awake for the past 28 hours, writing his paper and driving me out to a Target in Falls Church, Virginia, with a whole lot of season 2 of LOST in between. He's got this one last paper and one final before he's done with this semester. It's very weird. It's also weird that even though he's going to have a major schedule change and it's kind of a milestone, finishing his first semester of graduate school... I'm stilling going to work every day the same as usual. This is kind of like a test for me to see if I'm ready for consistency. I don't know. I'm not jealous of Tim's all-nighters, but I am jealous of his 4-week vacation. Suddenly, a 20-page paper or three doesn't sound like a bad trade for 20 days off.

Maybe.

I'm baking Chocolate Cherry Bread, thanks to Tim's Grandparents, and the whole apartment smells WONDERFUL.

On an unrelated note: I found a 3 prong antler in the snow outside of my building, which is completely, completely weird and unexpected. But oddly, the fact that something weird and unexpected happened... is not.

2 comments:

  1. 3 prong...? That's weird. You live in a weird world. Can I come?!
    I love the sound of your apartment. You don't need a tree when you've got plants to decorate- it's way cooler without. Watch the mail! ^_~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:06 AM

    That's weird about the antler. Maybe someone is trying to tell you that just because you are in the city, it doesn't mean that nature is not there. Someone is looking out for you. Three is a good number.
    Love,
    Me

    ReplyDelete