Friday, December 21, 2007

Clean as a whistle, Baby

Somehow, I actually managed to clean my apartment from top to bottom, pack, relax, and go to bed at a moderate hour last night. I suspect it had something to do with the two prior evenings filled with laziness and wii. Tuesday and Wednesday I had left-over pizza for breakfast AND dinner, and Wednesday I fell asleep in the bath. I haven't done either of those things since high school.

With help from Alsn and Bonnie (Tim's Grandma), I think I might have rigged up a system to keep my plants alive that involves a lot of double potting (double-bucketing in one case) and a large basin full of water on my breakfast table. I was almost late for work, in fact, because I watered the lemon tree so much that the second pot started to overflow and I had to use three towels to sop it up. The one blemish in my otherwise spotless apartment is the three wet, dirty towels in the bathroom. And I think one of Tim's socks is on the bedroom floor. Not too bad.

Now I just have to get through about 5 hours of work, make it to the airport without running over someone with my ridiculous suitcase, and get home. Admittedly, I feel a little guilty about taking two whole weeks off of work--especially since I have more than one co-worker who only took off one day. But if I wasn't going home to see both of my parents in both Boulder and Crawford, I would probably, in all seriousness, have a nervous breakdown.

Sometimes you just need to go home.

Things I'm most excited about:
Throwing the ball for Buster and being rewarded by having him wake me up the next day with his cold scratch paws on my face.
Walter's saggy kitty belly.
Last minute Christmas Shopping and seeing a movie in an actual movie theater with Dad.
Making Quiche and Cuban Sandwiches with Mom, spending money we don't have on things we don't need, putting together a puzzle.
Eating at Tacomania, PieWorks, and Oyster Bar in Shreveport with Kacie, Seth (if he'll come), Kristin, and Jason.
Reading "Born Standing Up" out loud to Tim on the drive to Plano.
Going to the Blue Parrot with my G-mom.
Maybe, just maybe, Tea and Dessert with Trina and Emily.
AND the White Elephant: bad gifts, drunk old people, and Gallob cooking. Can't beat it.

No comments:

Post a Comment