Thursday, January 13, 2005

People here walk around like ghosts, just barely glimpsing past eachother. There are more people here than I've ever seen in my poor country life. It's like the mall at Christmas: everyday. Only instead of saying things like: "Shoot, Martha! Jim don't need another hedge trimmer!" It's all, "Je comprende que les esclaves ne sont pas tombées en le sud amerique; mais pour-quoi est-ce que les banques n'acceptent pas mes pearles en lieu de l'argent?!" You think that's confusing? Welcome to my world.

Anyway, Carrie and I registered for classes today and found out two very interesting things: the Americans here range from really nice and interesting to exceptionally dull.

and... we don't start classes until the 24th, which means we have to think of something to do all week. To bad we're in Europe and there's absolutely no where to go... Why, YES!

Anyway, we're thinking Spain... we found that the nearest train station is rediculously close (if you're not an idiot, like we are) and rediculously far away if you don't know what you're doing. We shall see, we shall see.

If you're interested, I'm taking French Theater, French Lit, Comparative French Lit, Translation, British Civics, Filmology, South African Lit, Art and Society, and Advanced French.
Nine classes means that I can drop like three any time up until the final. Also, I have no classes on monday and I have one eleven o'clock on friday... really, really long weekend. I love it. The fun thing is, we have only eleven weeks of class and each class is only once a week. This means I have each class only eleven times and I plan on skipping at least one week of school.

Time to book flights...

No comments:

Post a Comment