Thursday, May 06, 2010

mucky muck


<<--WHAT I'VE BEEN LOOKING AT ALL WEEK

I'm supposed to be writing a final paper about cleanliness (and biopolitics and ethnic cleansing) in Hector Tobar's The Tattooed Soldier right now. I'm dangerously close to being... dangerously close to done. Or would be, if I had accomplished anything today.

I spent the entire week from dawn until dusk (grad-school time, so more like 10:00 a.m. until 2:00 a.m.) building a website which houses my final project for Sex and Time in 19th Century American Lit. I would link to it so you can see how monstrously huge this project is, but it's password protected. It's too bad really, it's pretty baller. Anyway, six days of building a website out of documents I dug up at the Library of Congress made me a little brain-hurt. Microfilm.

Yesterday was my big presentation day and I planned to spend last night sponging in front of the TV and eating my weight in Chinese food, recuperating for today, which was supposed to be a glorious write-a-20-page-paper-free-for-all of achievement.

Funnily enough, the first part of the plan went well, today however, I have a headache and have spent the whole day a little like Britney from GLEE. "I've been here since first period. I had a cold. I took all my antibiotics at once and now I can't remember how to leave." Except instead of not being able to remember how to leave the music room, I can't remember how to leave facebook.

Anyway, I'll be done in six days. And in exactly 14 days (TWO WEEKS, Y'ALL!!) I'm flying to Panama. My new luggage arrived and it's taking everything in my power not to stop working (or, I guess, looking at facebook) and start stuffing things in it. This is literally the worst part of the semester. BUT, the second after you turn in your last paper? The best.

No comments:

Post a Comment