Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Oh sweet disappointment....

WARNING: NERD FARE BELOW. I'm pretty sure this isn't worth reading, but if you're bored/you like scary movies carry on.

So, I've been searching for this one movie... combing the internet to figure out what it was for months. (I'm pretty sure I'm not supposed to have the poster on here, since it's copyrighted to the studio, but it links back to Wikipedia, sooooooo...)

Finally, today, I worked backwards through Wikipedia (ah, fine use of my time) until I FOUND IT. All I could remember was that there were five different stories... one involved a dead man whose wife wished for him to come back to life, which he did... after he was already embalmed, and she tries to re-kill him with a samuri sword, but he's doomed to live forever. The other was about a man who ran a home for the blind, but abused them until they put him in a dark basement full of razor blades and fed him to his own dog. Oh, and I distinctly remember a serial killer dressed as Santa Claus (and the little girl lets him in the house!).

It's got all Joan Collins in it, for whatever weird reason. Anyway, I'm so excited because it's like one of those puzzles you can't solve for days. And I couldn't find it even when I searched for "Tales from the Crypt" because the series got stupid after this one came out. However, all of my searching is for naught, because you can only get the stupid thing on VHS and I'm sure it will be at least 4 years before someone decides to put it on DVD.

Boooooo. This movie is awesome. And scary. And I'm glad I solved the puzzle, but I still won't get to see the movie unless my VCR magically resurrects itself. Boooooooo.

And yes, for whatever reason I did feel that this was worthy of going in my Blog. Yay Halloween.

3 comments:

  1. I got to see this movie when I was a student at Casey Jr. High. It was an after school evening event and I rode my bike all the way home in the middle of the road. The woman buys an insurance policy for her husband before she has him brought back to life- the scene where he dies is hysterical- while driving down the road in his car, he is scared to death by a guy on a motor cyle wearing a skeleton mask.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2:09 AM

    I remember the episode of the show when the girl lets the serial killer santa in the house...because it was the scariest thing ever and still freaks me out. Seriously, I watched it like 2 years ago and it was freaking TERRIFYING. Because the santa looks bat-shit CRAZY.

    What was that other movie like this with lots of little stories in it? Was it Creepshow? I specifically remember the one about the guy who is a germaphobe (not the real term, I know) and he's wealthy and spends all his money making everything clean and white..and then one night there's a blackout in the city and the power goes out everywhere, and when it comes back on, his whole house is filled with ROACHES. And he can't get out because everything's sealed up. He might also be in a wheelchair or something too. Irrelevent. Very gorss and scary.

    -Kacie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous1:35 PM

    If you want it badly enough, you can get the VHS and Shane and I can archive it onto DVD for you. Although, some dvd players are not fond of written dvds either. Just an offer. :)

    ReplyDelete