Tuesday, October 24, 2006

my shirt is an extension of my personality

THREADLESS IS HAVING A $$$$$$$$$$ (that's ten dollars) SALE.

So, um, go forth and wear t-shirts. I don't think I'll ever stop loving t-shirts with witty/beautiful things on them. We live in an era of wearable, inexpensive art. What do supermodels and designers wear on their day off? The same damn t-shirts as rock stars and joe shmoes.

Why do people like it? Because everyone can participate (the poor are especially deft at this, being the original "Goodwill" shoppers) and you can go your whole life without seeing the same t-shirt on more than 3 different people, because there are billions out there and it's all about finding the one. A t-shirt is like a lover for every day of the year. In cotton.

Oh, and I cut my hair. (and that t-shirt isn't mine.)

5 comments:

  1. wow! That's different, but cute, as always. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:23 PM

    Ah, i love it!

    Also, what's your turkey and x-mas day plans?

    ReplyDelete
  3. short hair is teh win.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous9:03 AM

    I have charged Jason with this as well, but you will be the second in command. DO NOT under any circumstances let me buy any more shirts from THreadless. I have bought 5 in the past week, but only 4 were for me and 1 for Jason. Seriously though. That's like, $80 worth of t-shirts that I can ONLY WEAR TWICE A WEEK. I truly have a problem.

    Jason said you bought 2 shirts. Which ones did you get?

    ReplyDelete
  5. He was lying. I bought 4. Communist Party, Imposters, Panamonium, and Hey Russel! (which is my second all-time favorite. I had to buy them in 3 different sizes because so many were sold out.

    My t-shirt collect is so out-of-control that I forget I own many of them for literally years at a time. I have t-shirts stockpiles across the country in case there's ever a t-shirt famine. It's sick.

    ReplyDelete