Sunday, November 05, 2006

GO TO PIEWORKS ON PIERREMONT, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD

Look. Some people don't feel like it's worth it to drive all the way down line avenue to support the Pieworks on Pierremont and all of the Centenary people who work there (including my roommate and my boyfriend, and Jason, Mikey, David, Amy Burt, Shelly, etc...), especially when there's one right there on King's highway. Here's scientific proof that the Pieworks on King's Highway needs to clean their shit every once in a while.

My Biology partners and I took swabs of the inside door handles of eight restaurants and bars on King's highway. The Pieworks sample exploded with bacterial and fungal growth. In case you know how shady Li'l Joe's is, I put that up there as a comparison. Yup. One little spot.

That Pieworks sample is the most disgusting thing I've ever smelled in my whole life. Now, even though I can tell you that the bacteria we collected with a dry swab there are benign, I can also tell you that Tim got a staph infection while he worked there.

I'd be willing to bet money that the Pieworks on Pierremont is cleaner and a lot less scary. Maybe I'll take a swab and get back to you. But until then... it's prettier, and it's worth the drive to support our friends, you lazy, silly people. (It you already know that the Pieworks on Pierremont is better, ignore this admonition and have a nice day.)

Oh yeah, and as for the other restaurants we tested, The Cub and Murrel's were the next worst. George's sample grew a tiny brain, but was the best of the restaurants and Sharpie's grew nothing, which I'm convinced is a fluke. Gross.

I don't even want to know what my own kitchen's bacterial content looks like.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:49 AM

    Thanks for coming down on Saturday. You missed the raging party in my mother's kitchen later that involved me, Jason, Sarah, and Blake drinking a 20 pack of beer while my mom made Blake a plate of pasta jambalaya at 1 in the morning. Fun times.

    Oh, and Jason and I went to the fanciest dinner ever on Saturday. I think we left our dirty hippie germs all over that restaurant. We are probably not welcome back. I had redfish that came out on the giant chunk of cedar that they cooked it on. I mean, they gave me a plate too, but who doesn't want fish that's served on wood?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5:35 PM

    "Sooner or later, everyone goes to the zoo." FBDO

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love biology lab! Carrie tells me entertaining stories about your class :) I know you must get sick of being asked this, but what are you thinking about doing after you graduate this year? Oh, and as soon as I get my holiday schedule from work I'm going to plan a trip to S'port. I demand a party in my honor. I miss you!!
    --Jess L.
    P.S.--Abram's coming to town this weekend. Make sure he pays your house proper respect with a visit. If he doesn't, you let me know. :)

    ReplyDelete