Saturday, December 17, 2005

Yessssssss.

Finally, yesterday, I finished my finals/final papers.

Things I love:
1) Kim Van Hossier-Carrey (Because she gave me an A before I even completed my paper)
2) My Women's Lit paper (Because it's sheer genius)
3) Anything that has nothing to do with last semester's classes.

Things I don't love so much:
1) French, and everything associated with it.
2) Being too broke to buy Christmas presents
3) Sexism. ("I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me," said John)

I've finally decided that I'm going to that pesky (in that it requires me to return to Shreveport prematurely) Lerchie wedding--everyone at home is going to be mad because I'll only be there for two weeks, but this is sort of my last chance to be here for anything my friends do "in the off-season." I do wish I could spend the whole break at home though. Everyone who lives close to home seems to be tired of their parents, but I've done this split-christmas thing for 14 years and it's a little old, I just want to see everyone. In a perfect world, everyone comes to my house for the holidays.

(PS. Tim just tried to call his mom in the livingroom and called me instead (I'm in the bedroom), and then couldn't figure out why "she" (i.e. me) was listening to the same music that I am. Meanwhile I'm wondering why he's so lazy that he can't walk down the hall to talk to me.)

Otherwise, I'm relatively certain that I massacred every class but French, in which I'm pretty sure he's giving me an arbitrary "B." To that I say "merde" and move on with my life.

I can't believe how many novels I read this semester for my literature classes. Somewhere in the range of a million. And, joy of all joys, they were all good except one. That makes 99,999,999 novels that were awesome and hopefully equal A's.

Meanwhile, I'm hungry and I have to head to my own house to pack for the break. Kacie and Sarah and I never decorated our house, but I put my advent calendar by the front door so that we look at least somewhat involved. Though I think that those advent calendars that have chocolate in each window, despite how awesome they are, are kind of funny because I think technically you're supposed to fast during Advent just like Lent. Meh.

Happy Holidaying. Let's all get as fat as possible and be happy in it!

No comments:

Post a Comment