Sunday, October 30, 2005

Zombie Survival Kit

H-A-Double-L-O-W-Double-E-N.

I've slacked on reporting an entire week of Halloween free-for-all. Sarah and I had a blast decorating our awesome house with purple lights and spider webs. We spent an entire evening carving pumpkins and baking the scariest damn cake that anyone has ever seen.
Halloween is indisputably the greatest holiday ever (besides my birthday) but no one can argue with a solid week of Halloween. It hasn't even come yet and we're all still freaking out to the best of our ability.

Friday the TKEs had Graveyard, their annual Halloween party. There's nothing like falling in love with your friends all over again when you realize how shamelessly creative they are. (And the ones who aren't creative, well, at least their still shameless.) The boys work so, so hard every year to make thier house look like a place you wouldn't go into EVER, unless you were a dumb teenager in a horror film.

However it may seem, it was more fun than even pictures can convey. I went as France, complete with Eiffel Towers hanging from my ears, a tattoo of the french motto (Egalite, Liberte, Fraternite), ballet shoes and a button with "J'aime TKE" on it. I'll admit that from the shoulders up I looked more like a girl-scout, well past her age group, but I felt cute and french-ish. <--- That's me with Amber, who was Hermione Granger. Tim was Lance Armstong and anytime anyone asked what he was he would turn around and point to the seven on his back, flexing: "LANCE ARMSTRONG, SEVEN-TIME WINNER!" He was very excited, despite the fact that neither of us are particularly interested in Lance Armstrong for any reason whatsoever. It was a good time to be had by all.


I went to Faust last night with Carrie and Ashley. We got to be French nerds together without baing made fun of. Yes, Faust is an opera in French, even though the most famous Faust is in German. Get off my back, I didn't write it. Anyway, I was unaware that an opera could have subtitles and that I would have better french skills than someone who was paid to translate subtitles for an opera, but it's true.

It was my first opera and now I know that I like opera even if it is, ahem, sort of, bizarre in this case. (They switched the order of the acts around and, well, danced around a lot.)

Anyway, today is free. I have to enjoy my free day since next weekend Tim's moving into a new place. Someone broke into his other house and it's just the absolute last straw. It's also Rhapsody next weekend. But for now, it's still Halloween weekend. Happy birthday Dad!
And Happy Halloween tomorrow!

(If you're really sadistic you can check out the pictures by clicking here)

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:39 PM

    So, if Tim is Lance, wouldn't that make you Sheryl Croak- scary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I defy you to say that to my face.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:27 AM

    I just thought the Sheryl thing was for halloween- Lance ain't that scary. BTW, how is Tim's finger?

    ReplyDelete