Sunday, June 05, 2005

BAR-celona (sung to the tune of My Sharona)

So, if you ever have the chance to take a tiny, rattling, regional train through the french and spanish Pyrannies: do it.

BUT if you ever asked whether you want a "sleeperette" or a "reclining chair" on an overnight train: stay as far away from the reclining chair as possible.

Barcelona is SO worth 16.5 hours of time spent on a train (minus the amount of time we spent wandering around the border looking for anything to put into our grieving stomachs).

So we've been here for a day and a half and, like last time, this city is absolutely beautiful and incredible. But unlike last time, it's summer now, and the high season, meaning that I've heard so many languages spoken in just this one day that it's a veritable tower of Babel. Oh yeah, and this time I get my revenge on Europe because for five months I've watched other people hold hands and whisper and look meaningfully into each others' eyes: well this time TIM'S HERE.

We spent all day enjoying the architectural genius of Antoni Gaudi. Somehow, because things always work out for us, not only did we not get charged for our train tickets here (Spain's not included in our Eurail) but we managed to show up at Sagrada Familia on the one day of the year that it's free and open to the public, annually.

If I wasn't paying by the second, I'd tell you a million more things but as it is, you'll just have to wait and satisfy yourself by looking at Tim's newly posted pictures.

Also, I beat Tim in Scrabble by a million points. After he won the first game... with my help.

This post is brought to you by the color azul.

No comments:

Post a Comment