Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Stuck in the middle with... me.

I'm supposed to be doing homework right now. Or sleeping.

Those are pretty much my two allowable activities until the 13th of May.

But I feel like something has to be said about how completely odd it is to be living completely alone for the first time in my life, ever. Yes--this is just temporary, I'm completely surrounded by Tim's stuff, and someone is sharing all the bills, but it's very weird to be stocking a refrigerator for one. Even when I used to stay up at camp by myself, a billllllllion miles from everyone, I had the dogs, so that was less weird than this.

Here are the top five things that I like and dislike about this very new arrangement:

♥LIKES:
  1. This bed is enormous. And I will sleep in the middle, kthnx.
  2. Vegetables.
  3. I find myself wandering around the city a lot, since no one is expecting me to be home. This means finding cool stores and meeting unusual people I would otherwise have rushed right past. Part of "wandering" means also just "attending"--as in, I told myself I would go to the volunteer orientation for 826DC, and instead of pretending like Tim needed me to help him watch TV, I actually went, and it was awesome.
  4. I can watch whatever movie I want to, eat whatever flavor of ice cream I want to, and throw my kleenexes wherever I want to and no one can stop me. (That's right, Confessions-of-a-Shopaholic-Chunky-Monkey-On-the-Floor, whatchagonnadoaboutit?)
  5. Ugh, this one actually kind of sucks: there's no division of the day between work-time and relax-time so all day is homework-time. It's helpful, but is it fun? Meh.
☠DISLIKES
  1. I have to talk to Tim either over Skype (which just is not a high-quality communication tool), or wait until he calls me, because it's too expensive to call or text him. This means I'm texting lots of random people after class and asking them what they want for dinner, because that's a habit I can't fight. I feel like I have to write things down all day that I want to tell him and I'm so over it.
  2. Four times I have thought someone was in my house, trying to kill me. Once, someone actually was in my house, but he was just trying to turn on the sprinklers.
  3. I'm incapable of cooking for just one person, so my fridge is full of left-overs. Also, I hate any left-over older than 24 hours.
  4. Every day is the same, except the two days when I have class. There is no such thing as the weekend. There is no spoon.
  5. We were on the last level of World 7 of Super Mario Bros. Wii, one Boss Level away from World 8. I'm too retarded to go on by myself, which means I have to wait four months to get to World 8. No one else wants to play with me and anyway, we've come so far together I feel like it would be wrong to go on without him. UGH.
Also, because it's my blog and I do what I want, this is what I really want for my birthday and for my trip to Machu Picchu. :) I don't want to take my regular camera because I will drop it off a cliff and into a river, where it will be stolen by monkeys, but this camera is designed to withstand all of those things (except, I guess, the monkeys).

Oh, and I want the semester to be over and to go to Panama. Luckily, those two things are almost, almost in the bag.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:36 AM

    Now you see how the concept of "bowling night" first came about.

    ReplyDelete