Saturday, April 11, 2009

oh beneficent something, anything...






When I was living in the blue house, I made up one of those "necessity recipes" where you have a little of this and little of that and something totally mind-bogglingly awesome... it was this, red-wine-fresh basil-italian sausage soup.

After the first time, I made it again like three times because it was so awesome and I guess I figured I'd remember what I did because I NEVER WROTE IT DOWN. Now those three ingredients have met in my refrigerator again in a perfect storm of awesomeness and I can't remember what else goes in the pot.

Chicken stock? Tomato? Probably garlic... uhhhhh.

The last recipe written in my cookbook is Kacie's recipe for Monkey Bread, which, BTW, I didn't realize she had written there so about a month ago I frantically searched all over for a recipe and ended up using one from Food Network because I couldn't get a hold of Kacie. Exciting story, I know.

The only real news on the graduate school front is the Georgetown should cost half as much as expected because they only want me to take 2 classes a semester if I go there. Fair enough. The only problem is, I can't really strangle any information out of their financial dept. I miss Mary Sue Rix like no one's business. I would pay her to come be my life financial consultant.

Purdue said they're "very impressed by my application but waiting to find out if they have a TA for me, because they don't admit anyone without funding." So that's basically the exact opposite of the problem I have with Georgetown.

UW? Tulane? MIA.

AND--Georgetown sent me an email telling me that rather than needing to know by the 20th, they need to know my decision by the 15th. GREAT. (I replied and said, "Um.... kthx, but r u shur we cant w8?")

It's so odd how there are always things like this going on in life. There's never a day when you say "I have absolutely nothing to take care of. I'm not waiting to find out about anything. There is nothing in the universe required of me, and vice versa."

How is that possible?

If I wasn't fixating on Grad School right now, what would I be doing instead?

I think about this a lot. Like, what are all of the potential things I could be spending my brain energy on right now--but instead I happen to solely focused on this.

Where is my sausage soup?


3 comments:

  1. Not speaking on behalf of the university where I happen to be employed, I can tell you as a graduate student that the UW is a clusterfuck right now because of the "budget crisis." All the programs are being asked to cut 8-12% of their funding for next year, but enrollment is up, and no one really knows what the F is going on. But lots of people are upset (and, um, we still get more federal funding than any other public education institution in the country so...), and the cherry blossoms seem to be helping.

    So you should still come here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude!! If they would just let me in, I might try! I didn't do all that extra work on their weird non-conformist application for nothing!

    Also... um. Could I live with you? You know... if they let me in?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will be at your house in less than 72 hours! WTF awesometown.

    ReplyDelete