Friday, March 13, 2009

Donde esta mis zapatos?

Do you know the part in the James Taylor song where he says "Oh, Mexico, It sounds so sweet with the sun sinking low, Moon's so bright like to light up the night... Make everything all right."

And then he admits that he's never really been so he doesn't really know?

Well... I've never been to Mexico either. But I'm ready.

Granted, we "just" got back from New Orleans and I haven't even posted the pictures yet, but it's never to early to buy your next ticket out in my opinion. Especially since at this point, all I'm really doing is waiting to hear from my graduate schools and working everyday.

Tim got the amazing honor of becoming a PMF finalist, which basically fast-tracks him into an amazing government job. The only problem is that it's a two year program which means that our whole "I support you through grad school then you support me" idea is shot, because I will go where I go... alone.

Not to mention that my co-worker Joe has taken to telling me on a daily basis to "Give up [my] hopes and dreams!!" and stay at Clutch because "everyone knows that graduate school in English is the worst financial decision you can make." (He was an English undergrad too.) I keep telling him he sold his soul and look where it got him.

Long and Short: Even without all that pressure, I would be ready to go to Mexico. Kacie and I have been saying we were going to take a trip to Mexico together since within about 4 days of meeting each other. So Kacie's put down the deposit on five days and four nights in the Casa Palmas villa in Playa Del Carmen, Mexico. It's on the Yucatan peninsula, right across from Cozumel. It's a no-boyfriends vacation (not "all girls" because Jared is coming), and there are about 5-6 of us going. Flip flops. Bikinis. Beach. Boat drinks. Lazy. Lazy. Lazy.

James Taylor is speaking my language.

3 comments:

  1. That place is beautiful! Oddly enough, my friends and I also fantasize about a Mexican escape...not enough to try to make it a reality.

    Y'all are really living the dream.

    ReplyDelete
  2. MEXICO. Is it sad that I started planning that trip because I couldn't even bear to think about my real life for the next 4 months? Don't care because it's going to be awesome. And Tim can come next time, I swear.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mexico is much like Detroit. How come people don't go to California anymore? I hear Iowa is nice this time of year and there aren't any crazy students getting carried off by the corn cartel. Did Columbus discover Mexico too- or was that Cortez? Do you enjoy riding a bus.

    ReplyDelete