Monday, March 19, 2007

This is why I love college...

"On every side we hear men saying that the Bible is the Word of God, teaching mankind true blessedness, or the path to salvation. But the facts are quite at variance with their words, for people in general seem to make no attempt whatsoever to live according to the Bible's teachings. We see nearly all men parade their own ideas as God's Word, their chief aim being to compel others to think as they do, while using religion as a pretext."
-Benedict Spinoza, 1670
Tractus Theologico-Politicus

Hear, hear.
So little changes. The things we read in Jesus class with Dr. Huff...

As far as my life goes... I'm doing homework. All the time. And Tim is making dinner.

7 comments:

  1. What a fabulous quote. I wish I could take Jesus class. Is Tim making Dinner all the time too? And you lied, you look gorgeous in pictures. Photogenic as always. And, how do you take a picture of your reflection without getting a reflection of the camera?
    xoxoxoxo,
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:12 PM

    You look marvelous!

    I'm sure Tim isn't cooking all the time, I hear he has a fabulous job.

    We do receive moral instruction from the Bible. For example, it is moral to own people as long as they are from another village. So wonderful.

    Answer to the photo trick: Put the camera behind you.

    xoxoxoxoxo,
    Me 2.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you put the camera behind you, you get a picture of the back of your head. Or something. :)
    I love you,
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Kiddo,

    I like the quote, but it makes me wonder what kind of message we are sending the troups.

    Love,
    Dad.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's all about angles, kids. Angles.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous1:17 AM

    Apa hahuna kaytaka iipa moui moui kawhini nuku humu pao pao Bible.

    King Kahanipow III

    p.s. mishi hanaii kai "camera behind you" ha ha.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That. Is insanity. I just laughed my face off.

    ReplyDelete