Sunday, March 11, 2007

Après graduation:

So, below, you will find my flight itinerary for India. Normally, I wouldn't post such mundanities. But I promise you, in this case, it's far from mundane. The Taj Mafrickenhal had better be the most incredible thing ever built (I expect to be covered in gold leaf as I walk through the door).

If you have a moment, I really suggest that you read this itinerary flight by flight, because it reads like a work of fiction (the kind that's too insane to be published), especially somewhere around the Dublin leg of the trip.

I will be packing plenty of Dramamine and practicing my mandala-drawing skills so that I have something to do besides spend money on airport souvenirs. (Though somehow I'm not expecting to buy many Bahraini souvenirs.)

Voila, la pièce de résistance:

Thu, May 10

1. AMERICAN AIRLINES, AA 3492
From: SHREVEPORT, LA (SHV) Departs: 10:45am
To: DALLAS FT WORTH, TX (DFW) Arrives: 11:40am
Duration: 55 minute(s)

2. AMERICAN AIRLINES, AA 0070
From: DALLAS FT WORTH, TX (DFW) Departs: 2:45pm
To: FRANKFURT, GERMANY (FRA) Arrives: 7:20am Fri, May 11
Duration: 9 hour(s) and 35 minute(s)

Fri, May 11

3. GULF AIR, GF 0016
From: FRANKFURT, GERMANY (FRA) Departs: 11:30am
To: BAHRAIN, BAHRAIN (BAH) Arrives: 6:30pm
Duration: 6 hour(s) and 0 minute(s)

4. GULF AIR, GF 0130
From: BAHRAIN, BAHRAIN (BAH) Departs: 10:55pm
To: DELHI, INDIA (DEL) Arrives: 5:10am Sat, May 12
Duration: 3 hour(s) and 45 minute(s)

RETURN

Tue, Jun 5

5. GULF AIR, GF 0135
From: DELHI, INDIA (DEL) Departs: 4:55pm
To: BAHRAIN, BAHRAIN (BAH) Arrives: 6:00pm
Duration: 3 hour(s) and 35 minute(s)

Wed, Jun 6

6. Flights: GULF AIR, GF 0007
From: BAHRAIN, BAHRAIN (BAH) Departs: 1:15am
To: LONDON HEATHROW, UNITED KINGDOM (LHR) Arrives: 6:25am
Duration: 7 hour(s) and 10 minute(s)

7. BMI, BD 0123
From: LONDON HEATHROW, UNITED KINGDOM (LHR) Departs: 9:10am
To: DUBLIN, IRELAND (DUB) Arrives: 10:30am
Duration: 1 hour(s) and 15 minute(s)

Thu, Jun 7

8. BMI, BD 0120
From: DUBLIN, IRELAND (DUB) Departs: 6:45am
To: LONDON HEATHROW, UNITED KINGDOM (LHR) Arrives: 8:25am

9. AMERICAN AIRLINES, AA 0067
From: LONDON HEATHROW, UNITED KINGDOM (LHR) Departs: 12:15pm
To: CHICAGO OHARE, IL (ORD) Arrives: 2:50pm
Duration 8 hour(s) and 35 minute(s)


10. AMERICAN AIRLINES, AA 0067
From: CHICAGO OHARE, IL (ORD) Departs: 5:00pm
To: DALLAS FT WORTH, TX (DFW) Arrives: 7:25pm
Duration: 2 hour(s) and 25 minute(s)

11. AMERICAN AIRLINES, AA 3495
From: DALLAS FT WORTH, TX (DFW) Departs: 9:10pm
To: SHREVEPORT, LA (SHV) Arrives: 10:05pm
Duration: 55 minute(s)

So that's how it's gonna be. Just for punctuation, let me know that I don't know a single one of the seven persons going with me from Adam. Somehow I imagine I'll know them pretty well by the end of it. I hope none of them are bat-shit crazy.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:05 PM

    You will be okay, as long as you has a bucket...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am jealous of said trip. And your life in general.

    ReplyDelete