Saturday, May 27, 2006

Papercuts + Poison Ivy = Paycheck

I've had the song "Suspicious Minds" by Elvis (of course) stuck in my mind for four days. For some reason, I always think of the line I'mcaughtinatrapandIcan'twalkoutbecauseIloveyoutoomuchBaby as one word. There's an insignificant bit of trivia for you there.

Lest you wonder why I haven't written anything in the Blog since graduation, it's because I've been working anywhere from eight to eleven hours every day for the past two weeks. I've felt a little guilty about not writing, just because it's summer and without live journals, how would anyone know every detail of everyone else's little Centenary lives?

Each day goes by so fast,
I turn around it's past
You don't get time to hang a sign on me... sayeth Sir George Harrison

And he's not so far off. It feels like I'm going at the speed of light every second that I'm awake. The day starts in the Arboretum, mulching things and stopping evil weeds in their quest to overtake the trees like viking hordes. Then I shower and eat lunch, which, for some reason, takes me two hours no matter how hard I try to conserve time. Then I count things at the bookstore and count them again (you thieves beware, we do take inventory once in a while).

Then I go through Dr. Kim's files and sort the wheat from the chaf. She's got folders from classes she taught at before she came to Centenary (which, granted, was that long ago) but to me, that still seems astonishing. It shouldn't: I have notebooks from elementary school, complete with backwards 5's and drawings that portray me as various animals. I haven't yet found any self-portraits of Kim as a panther, but I've got my eye out.

Then it's up to me whether I work on the Conglomerate office or eat and pass-out with a book over my face.

Tim's moving into mi casa this week and I'm excited about being able to open all the curtains upstairs again (Sarah's got a big sheet for a makeshift wall up there–understandably–to give herself privacy). Anyway I'm ready for him to be moved in and simultaniously bummed that he has to give up his apartment, which was pretty much perfect for him. I can't tell if Kacie and Amy are excited or upset about getting another roommate, but I'm pretty sure that like me, they're a mixture of both.

Summer kick's spring's ass .

No comments:

Post a Comment