Sunday, May 07, 2006

Boo.

So, I've been fine with this whole graduation thing for weeks. My friends, as they embark on all sorts of fantastic journeys--grad school, new jobs, (gasp) getting hitched--have become even more fascinating and exciting to me.

But this morning I realized what that meant: there is no longer anything "casual" about our friendships. No more meeting Jared in the SUB and going to Murrell's on a whim. No chance that on our way to Murrell's we'll bump into Patrick and Jason and plan a Jeopardy party on the spot. No way to invite six people to Jeopardy and have 26 show up. No way that all those 26 will head back to the TKE house and then on Lil' Joes for goth kareoke and mason jars full of beer.

And that's when I started crying. And I think that today is just going to be the day I cry all day. I wondered why I hadn't cried yet, but it's just today that I realized how spoiled and fortunate I've been for four years to have nearly everyone I love, admire and aspire to be like (no, for real) right outside my front door.

Congratulations everybody. I'm going to miss you so, so much. We have four couches and futon if you need somewhere to stay (on second thought, Jared claims the futon).

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:27 AM

    If it makes you feel any better, yesterday at lunch, Jason's uncle told me he saw a rabbit that had hooves and walked on all fours. Uncle Steve was quite serious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This weekend I saw more baby bunnies then ever at Scarborough Faire. I got to hold them too. They also had pot belly pigs about the size of a hamster... baby chics and goats... when you have pets, you have impending sadness as you lose them, much like the sadness you feel with graduation. But your friends will still be there, somewhere. Someday you get to see them again.

    ReplyDelete