Sunday, January 15, 2006

A woman's love is wasted...

...when she loves a Runnin' Gun...

This is so important, in fact, that I forgot to write about it because I was too busy being wholly greatful and thrilled. Most likely, you already know that for as long as I can remember, I've suffered from Migraine Disease. if you've never had migraines, you might not believe that it's truly a disease, to which I reply, migraines are more than a disease, they are the kind of curse that make you question whether or not it's really worth it to be alive. I read a quotation the other day which said something to the effect of: "People have often asked for death, but no one has ever asked for a migraine."

At the Richardson Library over Christmas break I read a book that was clearly written by a person who actually experienced migraines and used that experience to write about about a cure. It took me an hour to devour and memorize all 164 pages of that book and if I could sell myself as an indentured servant to this man, I totally would, well, to him and Dr. Ceriani, who wrote my perscription.

So, essentially, using a combination of B Vitamins, and a practiced application and understanding of my wicked headaches, I think I've gotten it pretty well knocked out. It's no TKO, but if you've ever been around me when I have a headache and I can't look at you, stand up, hear anything, receive and process information or stop crying... you know how important it is that I've learned to see a headache coming and stop it before it knocks me over.

I'm a much nicer person.

The only problem is that now I can't use my headaches as excuses for avoiding homework, cleaning, admitting that I'm wrong, etc... Not that I ever did that. Really.

I really can't explain how freeing it is to go three days without a headache. I would do anything to keep it that way.

The book I read is called Migraine: Winning the Fight of Your Life and it's $13.00 on Amazon. If you have Migraines, I recommend reading it, or any other book that might have the key to solving the mystery of your personal struggle with this evil and ridiculous thing.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:28 AM

    Ooooooo, does it really work?
    I guess you just said it did. huh. I've heard the Vit B thing before, but never took it seriously. I'll just have to try it, I reckon. Glad to hear you're better!
    p.s. Fated Feather is back... slowly. I'm reloading two pages at a time on Drunk Duck. Hopefully we'll get back to the current page soon. You still haven't given me a good reason to be a French convict in Austrailia.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5:50 PM

    So...are you coming to my birthday party tomorrow? It's going to be super awesome.

    ReplyDelete