Saturday, January 14, 2006

Saturday night's alright for fightin'

Considering that I know nothing about music other than that I like it, generally, unless it blows, I have to comment that I think my friend Austin' band, Tuesday's Debut, from Lake Charles, LA, puts on a badass show. There's something boggling to my mind about talented musicians. Perhaps it's because my own attempts at learning the piano ended with a song with 12 beats about a train entering (or maybe it was leaving) a station.

Oh, and I once learned how to play one Jewel song and one Green Day song on the electric guitar.

Anyway, Austin's band was awesome (despite the venue's best efforts to suck) and I'm not sure I've ever seen anyone freak out and totally become part of a drum set before. It was basically awesome.

Austin freaked out and become the drums in the same way that I freaked out and became my homework this week. First week of school and I had a presentation worth 20% of my grade that basically consumed my life. C'est rien, I say... I'm glad it's over before The Conglomerate kicks in.

Here's the best part EVER: all of my teachers this semester are totally in their element, teaching their favorite classes, cracking jokes, drawing diagrams, using emphatic hand-motions and generally hamming it up, left and right. It's the dream semester. The one where you're finally in all of the classes you've been waiting to take for our entire college career. I could only be happier if I was in Botany or Tree House Construction 101: but those do not exist at Centenary which means that scientifically speaking, I'm as happy with my classes as any human could possibly hope to be. Gush.

Should anyone really be this please with learning about rhetoric? I take it as an indicator that I'm definitely in the right major.

If you want to be competely freaked out and fascinated for an hour or so, do a search on "BODIES: The Exhibition" or just click to go to the Bodyworlds website.

And if that's not really what you wanted to think about, everything in this catalogue either smells or tastes good: http://www.watkinsonline.com/default.cfm

No comments:

Post a Comment