Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Stitches

Somewhere along the way I got the bright idea that instead of a guest book, we would ask our wedding guests to sign a quilt.

So for the past couple of months, Tim and I have been working together on this fabled wedding quilt. If you've ever made a quilt, you know it's rather time- and effort-intensive. Working on a quilt with a boy takes it to a whooooole new level. (Has it been scientifically proven that men and women see colors differently? It must have been.)

Working on a quilt with a cat? I deserve a nobel prize.  Mugi is incredibly helpful. Helpful in that he enjoys both burrowing under carefully laid-out fabric, attacking and attempting to eat sharp objects like pins and scissors, and sleeping on fabric that is currently being guided through the machine.

I have no idea if this signature-quilt idea will work out or not, but at this point I don't even care. This is clearly the most popular blanket I've ever made.

1 comment: