Friday, January 13, 2012

Raspberry Mint Chocolate Smoothie

I like to have smoothies for breakfast in the morning but am lazy and usually just make some combination of frozen fruit/yogurt/juice/banana. Monday I whipped this up as an alternative and, as my colorful grandfather would say, I'm as pleased as a pig in shit with myself. All of the ingredients are pretty good for you (even the cocoa--don't try to tell me otherwise, I will Google fight you into the ground) and I feel not a shred of remorse for having had three of these this week.

Macca approves.
Except I was probably supposed to take the picture
before I inhaled the smoothie.
Raspberry Mint Chocolate Smoothie

In blender add:

1 cup frozen raspberries
3-4 sprigs of fresh mint leaves with the stems discarded
1 tbsp dutch process cocoa
1 tsp agave or honey
1 cup chocolate almond milk (or enough to just cover the other ingredients in the blender)

Blend all this together on low, then switch to medium for ten seconds or so. Enjoy!

Also, Happy Friday!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous7:55 PM

    I'm not sure about the mint, but I obviously had to rush out and buy the ingredients. Yum.

    ReplyDelete