Thursday, December 17, 2009

List.

Looking at my Christmas post from last year, I realize that I'm fairly spoiled (or something akin to it); in the year since then I've gotten nearly everything on the list that I wanted that was feasible. I don't own the Boulder Bookstore, but I got two new bookshelves (that are both full) and I got into graduate school for English. I didn't get Clive Owen, but Tim grew a very impressive goatee. I didn't get a greyhound, but that's only because we moved into a new apartment that won't let us have cats or dogs and Tim has promised to get me a new fish when I get home. He also renewed my subscription to NatGeo, got me tickets to the TerraCotta Warriors Exhibit, and got me a t-shirt that says "Someone at the State Department Loves Me."

Here is this year's Christmas list, nonetheless:

1. I wish Tim was spending Christmas, or at least New years in Colorado with me. I don't want my first kiss of the decade to be with anyone else.













2. EA Sports Active: More Workouts. I love my Wii Fit, but I'm kind of getting bored. I realize this is not a terribly sophisticated request, when I could also go outside and jog for free, but this is way more motivating for me. I also want Super Mario Bros. Wii, for sitting on my butt.



3. Battlestar Galactica: The Complete Series. Yeah. That's right. For Tim and I both. Nerds have Christmas wishes too.









4. There are a ton of books I want (as always) but there are about four I haven't bought myself because they're just out of my reasonable price range:

Where Men Win Glory: The Odyssey of Pat Tillman, by Jon Krakauer






Stitches: A Memoir, by David Small






Good Eats: The Early Years, by Alton Brown






Shop Class as Soul Craft: A Inquiry into the Value of Work, by Matthew B. Crawford






5. A combination DVD player VCR. Yup, it's a dead technology. The problem is that I have about $2000 worth (in DVD dollars) in VHS tapes, that I want to watch. It's cheaper to just suck it up and get a VCR. So, I mean, whatever.

6. For you to come and visit. Come see us. I will cook.

No comments:

Post a Comment