Friday, February 16, 2007

Le vent nous portera...

When my alarm went off this morning, it randomly selected The Cure's "It's Friday, I'm in Love." This seems ultimately appropriate considering the week it's been and will be. Tim and I had our fourth Valentine's Day, which is cool and strange and surprising and not all at once. He also turned 23 yesterday, which blows my mind a little bit. I never thought I'd date someone younger than me, since I was always the youngest person in my class. Goes to show how much I know. I like that there are times when he is infinitely older and wiser than I am. And there are times when I'm the one with all the know-how. It's a good balance, I think.

Today is Kristin's Bridal Tea, and this evening it's the rehearsal dinner. I've pretty much never been more excited about two days' events in my life. I really can't think of anything I'd rather do right now than be in the wedding. I don't even like weddings. I spend half my time studying why they're a failing social construction of little real value to individuals... but sometimes all that book learnin' just doesn't cut it against the evidence of daily life. The only thing I'm not excited about is that after the wedding that means there are only a few short months before Jason and Kristin move to Arkansas and take their Wii and their dogs with them. God damn it.

I'll post pictures after the festivities. Everyone's coming to town and I really, really couldn't me happier.

Oh yeah, last night I saw Ryan Goodwin run face first into a sign at full speed and then bounce off, also at full speed. The sign was virtually unfazed. It was one of the funniest things I've EVER seen in my whole life. I give Patrick credit.

2 comments:

  1. If you don't support the war on signs, then the signs have won.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel your dilemma over weddings as a failing construction as well...I hate most of the traditions, but I'm a sucker for romance. At least we could all cheer for this one. Also, if you don't post all your pictures, would you send the ones you took of Abram and me with our garter and bouquet? I'm framing that bitch.
    --Jess

    ReplyDelete