Friday, August 04, 2006

Old Glory

If you want to know anything about running a college newspaper ask me on Sunday afternoon and I'm sure I'll know. Curt and Versha and I spent about 12 hours getting here but we're in the nation's capitol making with the newspaper love.

The (second) best part of the day (after being in Washington D.C.) was having to stand up for the national anthem at noon in the Shreveport airport. That was colorful. As was the house long delay.

The worst part of the day was when the hydrolic system in our plane failed and we spent two hours parked in Detroit for them to fix it. Ah, small price to pay.

Our Hotel not only has a rooftop pool, it's also a beautiful 4 blocks from the Washington monument and it's not a bad place to spend a weekend, overall.

Wish you were here.

1 comment:

  1. Why did they play the National Anthem at the airport? And at least the hydraulics didn't make you fall to a fiery death. What's two hours compared ot the rest of your life, ey? Swim little fishy, swim. Do you think you could find me a shawl like the one I bought you? I love you, and wish you were here,
    Me

    ReplyDelete