Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Top Ten Reasons Why I'm Tired of College:

1. Because I am.
2. Because Louisiana is hot and stupid outside, and cold and boring inside.
3. Because writing a ten page paper every night for the next two weeks gives me hives.
4. Because I'm paying to go here, when, clearly, they should be paying me. Clearly.
5. Because I've been here 4 years and I'm still not finished.
6. Because high school had dances and I was smarter than all of my teachers.
7. Because it's fascism lite.
8. Because I haven't seen the mountains (not to mention my parents) in five months.
9. Because I'm so addicted to it.
10. Because all I really want to do with my life is grow plants and swim everyday, which doesn't require that I learn about the French Revolution in french, or that I can identify the gender iniquity of nations, or lable the improper use of reflexive pronouns, or define the geogenetic origins of religion. Trees, people. They require dirt, water and sun. Congratulations, those are the only answers on the final.




This is a picture of me SOOOO not thinking about college.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:42 PM

    Well, Susan, that's a fine mess you're in.

    ..or something.

    -kacie
    p.s. me too

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:41 AM

    See, you say that now. Then you're out of it, and you're in the shit and you really want to be in college again.

    ReplyDelete