Thursday, September 08, 2005

Praying Mantis

This is me rolling over. I'm done.

1. TKE Bid-Weekend was officially the best weekend of my life. 72- hours of undiluted TKE goodness. Knowing full-well that these pref-parties on the lake were my last, I sucked up every last drop of sunshine, boat rides, shiny water and hamburgers through my pores.

Bid day was a TKE fantasy come-true. 16 pledges, none of them with personality defects or attitude problems. Just awesome guys in matching shirts. (Who let me kidnap their President and duct-tape him to the porch, and were totally fine with reading clues written on the huges panties I've ever seen.)

2. The first issue of the Newspaper has been executed. By executed, I mean completed- and is being printed as we speak. Layout was a 12-hour engagement, highly feuled by a box of popcicles, a 12-pack of Pepsi (Western Delight, you Coke Heathens), king-size bags of Skittles, Starbursts and Hershey's Minis and a whole lot of tired. My staff is awesomely dilirious. We sent the paper to the publisher at 6:30 am. It got lost in cyber-space for four hours, resulting in a tiny freakout. All is now well. if you want a copy (so you can read Scott's dating advice) drop me a line.

If you'd like an indicator as to how much I don't want to do my homework: yesterday I found a praying mantis in the Student Union Building, which is being renovated (and is therefor dirty and unpopulated). I spent thirty minutes devising a plan to lure her into a plastic bag, then set her free in the Arboretum without getting eaten myself. She tried to attack me kung-fu style. I refused to be intimidated. She now roams free to live in the bushes and eat spiders again.

No comments:

Post a Comment