Monday, August 29, 2005

Pirates of the world, UNITE!

Funny story: we all know the guys who lived in this house before me were jerks, this much we know is true. Last Spring they stole the fraternity letters from campus and stashed them in the backyard, where they also stashed any dirty dishes they didn't want to clean. This wouldn't have been so ironic (the letters have all been stolen and vandalized before), except that last year... I MADE the TKE letters. Funny I should move into the house previously occupied by the losers who still my handiwork. (note: I didn't make them alone, TKE paid for them, Tim Jr. cut the wood and Nate and Mikey helped me paint.)

Well, last year when I lived on Merrick Street, I, thrower of great parties (it's true), asked Sarah if I could fly her pirate flag on our fifty foot flag pole (instead of the Texas flag) as a banner to the awesomeness of our fiesta.

Within three days, the pirate flag was gone, charmingly replaced... with a sock. Zack's forensic sleuthing determined that the sock was of male orient, previously owned by someone with cats.

Ah, the plot thickens.

This morning when the girls dragged the big trashcan to the curb, what did they find? Sarah's much abused pirate flag daggling out of the trash can. Not only were these guys so awesome that they stole the TKE letters and our pirate flag, they're so awesome that they didn't take out their own trash for more than A YEAR. I wonder if they realize that the dilution in their gene pools will have their genetic lines wiped out within two generations. And the masses cheered.

FYI: They live on Robinson street now. Hide your lawn ornements.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:31 AM

    So yer pirates don't care-a-bean. Apparently their Capy' is off the hook. The port of shreve shall safe no longer be. I'm so sad- I think I'll just stare at me hambarrrggger with me one good eye an Let It Be at that, mattey. Have ye seen me parrot, Polly, she's jus' got one sock- an don' try ta'en that sock, er she'll TKE ya in the first round, errr TKO.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:39 AM

    an' another ting- the gene pool is no place fer pirates to be a swimin', an maybe next time you'll put yer jolly on the mizzen where it belongs...

    Coo coo coo chew, Mrs. Robinson street.

    ReplyDelete