Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Train Dreams Everlasting

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
This is us pre-sunburn in Park Guell, Barcelona; home of RCB 2006

There are nights when you work a full day: answering phones, making copies, selling turkey legs (or whatever you happen to do) , until the alarm goes off and you wake up exhausted. You then realize that you're entire day was just a dream, and that you now face a genuinely full day of work. I've been dreaming about time tables.

Every night I go to sleep and chase trains for hours and hours, I look for museums, backtrack across bridges and try to remember which steeple belongs to which cathedral until I wake up exhausted (Instead of ready to label and identify our several hundred photographs, which is an effort in near futility).

Tim and I have been home (in Plano) for five days now, trying to fit in a million hellos and drink a million free-refills. I've been trying to come up with a reasonable way to talk about our trip without boring the holy living daylights out of everyone. There are too many photos to show at once and too many stories to fit in one bite. I've decided to keep it to anecdotes and to publish links to my pictures one city at a time, in the column on the right hand side of this page. That way, if you care: excellent. If you don't care: go eat a sandwich or catch a movie instead, I don't mind.

For now, I'm just glad to be home, though I hate that not every path ends with a priceless work of art or a thousand-plus year-old monument. Tim and I leave for Colorado on Thursday (because we just can't stay in one place), so I'm sure there will be little to tell, unless you find hammocks and iced-tea absolutely riveting.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous3:46 PM

    When are you coming to visit? I want my can of pudding. I suppose I want to hang out too, but really it's all about the pudding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:16 AM

    How is it that you went to some of the same places I did, and got much cooler pictures? Maybe I'm just tired of looking at mine....

    / ERIN

    ReplyDelete