Friday, November 18, 2011

Mexican Mail Fraud

We fly back to the States tomorrow. I can't believe that our time here has gone so fast (and that Tim's fellowship is over--he's like, a normal person now! Pfft.)
This is the view today. It's NOVEMBER.
Reasons I do not want to leave Uruguay yet:

  1. It is summer in Uruguay
  2. I totally dig all of our friends here
  3. Waking up to this amazing view from my living room, every single day
  4. The steak: seriously, there is no beef like this beef.  This beef sings songs in your mouth. This beef woos your brain. And there is no "well done" here.  There is only "jugoso" and "a punto": i.e. "rare" and "less rare." Ohhhhhhh... I can't leave!!
  5. Anyway... Cheap movie tickets
  6. My electric kettle: it changed my life.
  7. Lack of awful bullshit rhetoric-machine on the television 24/7
  8. There are bookstores on every corner. Even if they're not in English, I don't care.

Reasons I'm looking forward to going back to DC:

  1. Access to my full wardrobe
  2. Mexican Food (are you ready, Jana?)
  3. Access to Netflix, Amazon Prime, and Hulu streaming (which you can't get outside the US without a VPN)
  4. Access to my cellphone: I've heard my parents' voices like, twice in the past three months. Also, I need to uh, plan my wedding.
  5. Wedding dress shopping
  6. We might be getting a cat! A cat!!

Ok for real, I'm not looking forward to going back to DC at all. I can basically live without most of the stuff in the States that I don't have here, except the Mexican food and the people I miss. And my sharp kitchen knives. I really miss my sharp kitchen knives.  And I basically never want to hear another word about American politics ever again.  Just vote, people.

Most of all, winter in DC sucks. SUCKS, I tell you. I was super-miserable the first month here in Uruguay but now that I've adjusted I soooo don't want to leave yet.  Just give me another month or two, ok? And maybe mail me some tacos and enchiladas.

No comments:

Post a Comment