Thursday, July 08, 2010

Need a mainline from the brain to the blog...

Apparently, I would have to blog every single day in order to keep up with everything that's going on around here. I'm not joking. It's ridiculous. I feel like Tim and I are doing at least eight awesome things every weekend, and that's when people aren't coming to visit us. When people show up from the states? fuhgettaboutit.

Here's what you missed:
  • Tim's Family came to visit us for a whole week, which is about 15 blog posts right there, because we went on tours and saw monkeys and went to a resort and tried new restaurants in the city we shopped and we had a dinner party in the apartment and that's not even the half of it. whew.
This is the full spectrum of the visit: crazy monkey boat one day, amazing resort hotel the next. You tell me you wouldn't have taken a picture of the room too.
  • Tim and I took a tour of Barro Colorado. Pictures to Follow.
  • Tim and I spent a day driving around Panama city and found the only bookstore in Panama but it was closed (more details forthwith), so we went to Panama la Vieja, which is the ruins of old Panama, and then to dinner at this place called The Rockin' Gorilla where we accidentally ordered a whole bucket of beer and I had to drink them all because Tim was driving. So I got more than a little drunk and then we went to the mall and had Dairy Queen. Says Tim, "you're the only person I know who is more pleasant when you're drunk." How am I supposed to take that? You tell me.
These are both from Panama la Vieja. I took a ton more, but I like these best. Crabby?
  • Jana and Mike came to visit for the Fourth of July weekend! We did more stuff in two and a half days than you might imagine was humanly possible and Jana and I still had time to lay by the pool. How's that for talent? We ate so much we made ourselves tired both days. And on the 4th, the embassy did an excellent job of making everyone feel like home (which is kind of not what you want when you're on vacation, but definitely what you want on the 4th of July). We were essentially directly underneath the fireworks. Which is what I always want. Always.
So, this is Mike driving across a rickety, one-lane bridge where you have to keep your tires lined up on the boards... with no hands on the wheel. Iguana! Also known in some parts of Panama as "Dinner." And these are from playing with the new, waterproof camera. Note that none of them are underwater because, well all you could see was murk.

(Ahem. You'll have to excuse me, someone seems to be murdering a toucan outside my window.)

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:07 PM

    Wow, I have no recollection of doing that. It was a dangerous bridge but obviously more important that I take both hands off the wheel simultaneously to point out something totally irrelevant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't remember you taking your hands off the wheel either... I was actually just taking a picture of the road, but I think it's awesome that when I looked at the pictures later, this is what you were doing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous6:59 PM

    That's like the bridge at (sob) Camp, used to be.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know Mom, except way longer, and with alligators under it.

    ReplyDelete