Friday, September 04, 2009

Short and Sweet


I'm supposed to be packing so I'll keep this brief.
  • Tim and I are moving to our new apartment tomorrow. We're both so excited and a little bit nervous. Excited because the apartment is amazing. Nervous because everyone who was going to help us went out of town for Labor Day weekend except Saint Alsn, who can only help us until she has to go to work.
  • I started graduate school on Monday. More precisely, I had orientation and registered on Monday, my classes started on Wednesday, and meanwhile I've been packing all week. I still haven't gotten any of my loan money from the school (learning to deal with the Georgetown Administration should qualify people for some kind of award), so there's been ZERO income on my part for weeeeeeeeeks. Pasta it is!
  • The best, the best, the BEST news of all, the head of the Graduate Department asked me to come and see him yesterday because he had some good news... it turned out that the news was a full tuition scholarship for the full two years that I'm at Georgetown. He was so sort of funny and nonchalant about telling me (though he was obviously happy) that I'm not sure I reacted with the proper level of freaking out. My life actually CHANGED yesterday. This really and truly changes everything for years and years to come.
  • Wheeeeeew. (That's the sound of a sigh of relief, in relation to the post above.)
  • Our trip to Colorado was amazing and wonderful and I really, really, truly and absolutely do want to move home. But right now, now that I'm actually on the path I'm supposed to be on again, instead of just dumping my days into a job for no reason, I feel much better about being here and I hate the city a lot less.

1 comment:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS on the scholarship! Hooray for less debt! What is your program called?

    ReplyDelete