Friday, March 21, 2008

Here comes the sun...

This snow tyrannosaurus has nothing to do with the following post. RARRRRRRR.

So I'm getting the distinct impression that this weekend might be pretty good (since I got off early today AND I got a witty postcard from Erin McQ--lucky...) but maybe not as good as last weekend.

Last weekend started with Friday being the first time in sixth months that I was allowed to wear a t-shirt on a weekday. I also got to sleep in and come to work late since I had to go to one of the firms in the evening. On the walk to work in the morning I found a $20 bill on the ground, which made it possible for Tim and I to see Horton Hears a Who after he took us out to dinner for the first time in FOR-EV-ER. (P.S. Being poor sucks.)

On Saturday, we went to see the Harlem Globetrotters at the Verizon Center. One of them is a Centenary Graduate!! Why didn't I know that? I think Centenary should definitely advertise that there's a Gent on the Trotters' team. I mean, Bill Cosby and Pope JPII are honorary Globetrotters, which basically means that the Pope went to Centenary, in my opinion.

After the game (The Trotter's beat the Washington Generals, as you might expect), Tim and I walked to the National Mall, got an oreo shake and then ended up going to see "Cosmic Collisions" at the Einstein Planetarium (in the Air and Space Museum). It was such a beautiful, sunny day that the good mood even carried over into the rainy, muggy Sunday.

I'm so glad Tim is fun. Schwooooo.

I doubt this weekend will be quite so active, mostly because Tim has two huge papers due next week. I'll keep attacking that pile of literature. I've read three more books since the last time I posted and I hope to write about them this weekend. All I want to do is lay in a hammock, drinking lemonaid and reading, all weekend. But since I have no hammock I'll probably just sit in my chair with a book in my lap and fall asleep (which inevitably happens from 4:00 to 6:00 ever Saturday and Sunday).

On another note, I'm not certain about anything (surprise, surprise) but I'm thinking about applying for Graduate school in English Literature. Maybe. Or Gender Studies. Maybe. Or Forestry. Who the hell knows? Maybe I should just try surviving the GRE first. I just can't decide what to do. I've wanted to get a PhD in English for so long that I don't really know what happened to knock me off that track or even if I want to get back on it. Though, for about 18 years of my life I wanted to be an artist so there's no accounting for my "plans."

7 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:59 PM

    ummm, I don't think that is a real t-rex, because that looks like fake snow....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, reading lemonaid and drinking books...

    PhD in English- let's see, is that like really really knowing how to read?

    Is there such a thing as "snow schwoooooos?" Does Tim have a pair?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so relieved to here that you are as confused about what to do as I feel. I know I want to do something- and I know it's gonna be great, but what do I do? Just what? Good Lord, what?!

    >_<

    I think it requires sticky notes on the mirror in the bathroom and flow charts with pins and bits of string like they use in homicide cases- then I'll know. Oh yes- then it'll all be clear.

    Good luck on your end- if you find a magical answer, let me know the cure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't forget the body outline so you can see where you were...

    Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous12:44 AM

    oh and you can take forestry at Western State in Gunnison, but only if you don't kicked out like your Grandpa....

    ReplyDelete
  6. The gre was MADE for people like you who like to learn big words for fun and can write with their eyes closed. Take it already!

    Also, I'm pretty sure UW offers degrees in all those fields...and more.

    ReplyDelete
  7. "Also, I'm pretty sure UW offers degrees in all those fields...and more."

    Plus- it never rains in Seattle! at least when we've been there!

    ReplyDelete