Thursday, June 28, 2007

Hi, I'm Larry. This is my brother Deryl and this is my other brother Deryl.

Not having an occupation for the first time in five years is interesting. I know that only boring people get bored, but I am, in fact bored. Or maybe I'm not bored, I just feel guilty for not having any projects or pressing deadlines. Which is stupid because I have a stack of book to read that's taller than I am.

There are plenty of things I could be doing; like packing; finishing (i.e. starting) my resume, sending postcards to famous people; improving my standing on Wii Tiger Woods golf; thinking of new Tim recipes that use only bread, chicken cheese, chocolate, barbeque sauce and beer; making handicrafts from unused things around the house, prank calling people I knew in high school, finishing the scarf I started knitting for Ashlie Daigle two years ago, watering my carrots, scrapbooking, jump-roping, or writing a novel and starting a cult.

Or I could try to find a job that will take me for the three weeks this summer when I'll actually be in Shreveport.

Ugh. Or I could just keep whining about my boredom.

Tim and I are going to DC to look for apartments on Tuesday--our hotel is directly across the street from the White House, which means the fireworks will be directly over our heads. I only hope our potential apartments are open for viewing the day after the fourth (known, in some circles, as "the fifth").

The fact that we really are moving is all the more real now that Mikey has moved out and the house is so empty. I should use all this free time to paint a mural in Mikey's old room and not tell anyone. Except I already told you.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Kiddo,

    When you have all the time in the world to do something, sometimes it takes that much to do it.

    Life moves pretty fast- take a hot bath wrap a hot towel around your head- we've planned badly...

    Looks like they got the car started- bet they tell us were going random again.

    Love,
    Dad. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous3:08 PM

    I too HATE not having deadlines. It weirds me out. I find it impossible to relax. Even while watching a movie I have to paint my nails or do something.

    Also, I have an idea. Get in a car and come to camp. Hitch a ride even. You could work and party with all of us. Think about it.

    -Daigle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heh heh... yea... having a job really makes you more productive. I find I stuff ten times more craftiness into my weekdays than my weekends. I jsut veg-out those days. Lame. Lame.

    I like your idea about writing postcards to famous people.
    ...am I famous?

    ^_^
    Cheerios! Stay well!

    ReplyDelete